- 1 kilo (5 cups) mashed ripe bananas (saba or cavendish).
- 300 gm. (2 1/4 cups) sugar
- Butter or margarine
- Rolling pin2. Frying pan]
- Chopping or kneeding board
- Kitchen knife
- Wax paper
- Prepare the mashed bananas as follows: Boil the ripe bananas (saba or cavendish). Peel and slice into 3 cm. thick.
- Grind the sliced bananas until it is mashed, add the sugar and cook over slow fire. Stirring should be done constantly until a clear mixture is obtained with the desired consistency. The mixture should not stick to the sides of the frying pan.
- Transfer the mixture over a kneeding board covered with wax paper. Sprinkle small amounts of sugar over the wax paper. Spread the mashed mixture using a rolling pin until it is 1 inch thick.
- Spread butter and small amounts of sugar over the mixture.
- Make slices of about 4 x 1 cm. Coo and wrap individually.
Source: Food and Technology Research and Development Program
Descriptor: Food Processing
Descriptor: Bananas Descriptor: Candies