70 pcs. calamansi (medium size)
Sugar (if desired)
Casserole for cooking
Bottles (8 oz.)
1. Carefully wash the fruits with water.
2. Cut crosswise and squeeze the juice through a cheesecloth.
3. Add sugar if necessary. The amount of sugar added is according to taste.
4. For every 4½ cups of calamansi juice, and 1/4-1/3 tsp. sodium benzoate dissolved in water.
5. Heat the mixture up to 75° C or until the mixture is about to boil. Continue to maintain at this temperature for about 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
6. Transfer while hot to sterile bottles. Cover the bottles.
7. Boil for 20 minutes. Close tightly and let cool in an inverted position.
8. Wipe dry and store in a cool place.
Source: Food and Nutrition Research Institute (DOST)