For every cup of mashed kalabasa:
1 cup condensed milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 heaping teaspoon brown sugar to be caramelized.
1. Peel the kalabasa and boil for 20 minutes. Mash thoroughly using a fork.
2. Combine the mashed mixture, milk and vanilla.
3. Beat the egg and add to the mixture.
4. Caramelize the brown sugar and line the pan mold.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined pan mold and cover with aluminum foil or plastic.
6. Steam in hot water (double boiler) for 25 minutes or until done.
Source: Philippine Farmers’ Journal June 1982